Friday 21 February 2014

Musicality / Relativity

Top is thrifted | skirt c/o Sheinside (old) | socks and belt are thrifted | shoes c/o Chicwish (old)

Thank you very much to the girl who was selling all her clothes & old fabric at Glebe markets the other weekend! This scalloped blouse is absolute perfection, I love it so much! Not only can I layer it under dresses, but it looks cute with a simple skater skirt like this music-print one I'm wearing today.
I've never talked about music much on my blog before, but it is has been and still is, to some extent, a very large part of my life. While I was growing up, I learned how to play the drums (and bass and piano as well, but mainly drums) for several years. I learned when I was in my mid-teens when I was very into hard-punky-rock (haha) so I had a pretty full-on style of drumming at the time, though I did mellow out and learn how to do quieter, slower things like jazz drumming. Although I've stopped now, I still love playing the drums whenever I can get my hands on someone's kit. I'm also that annoying person who is constantly drumming on everything they can get their hands on, from tabletops to the seats on the bus. Are there any other lady drummers out there? Leave me a comment, let me know!

This is what I'm going to leave you with today:

This comic is by Calm Blue Oceans (check them out, they're pretty funny!)

I hope you're all having a great day,







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

10 comments:

  1. haha yes, i love this mindblowing picture! and i have a question - could you recommend some interesting (and trustworthy) books about space? i wanted to read something by Stephen Hawking, because I'd love to know more about the universe~ what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, one that I've read recently is "A Universe From Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather Than Nothing" by Lawrence Krauss. Lawrence Krauss is a great physicist and science communicator :)

      Delete
    2. thank you, i'll check it out! ^^

      Delete
  2. Now I have to go and find a cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah loved the last part, made me smile :)
    Have an amazing day!
    http://sheseeksvictoria.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so cool that you drum, I've always wanted to learn! do you know haim? their drum game is hella strong, I basically watch this video of them : http://youtu.be/Lw3vuPOh8RU?t=17m34s (at about 17:30) whenever I need reminding to be bad ass haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. that blouse is so pretty! my dad is a percussionist (both my parents are music teachers!) but I can only play the flute. over the summer I really want to start learning the uke and/or the guitar!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drums are the best! If I was going to learn an instrument, that would be the one!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blouse is so lovely! i'd love to be able to play the drums but, alas, i've had to settle with my keyboard

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit- so musical! I don't play the drums, but I do play the clarinet~!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails