Sunday 1 March 2015

DIY T-Shirt | "Get Sewing With Me" Episode #1

I have started a new Youtube Series called Get Sewing With Me - it's like "Get Ready With Me" videos but better ;) (and don't worry, Make Thrift Buy isn't going anywhere!)

In my spare time, I do a lot of sewing which I don't film either because I don't have a specific tutorial in mind, or it might require a bit of specialized equipment that most people don't own. But I thought that it would be cool to start filming some of these things that I make, because it could still help inspire your own sewing projects, show you some tips and tricks, or give you ideas for equipment you might want to get in the future! (And of course if you're a more intermediate-advanced sewer, then you could definitely use this as a tutorial!)

This tutorial will (hopefully!) teach you how to DIY a t-shirt from scratch, using an old top as a pattern. It can be used to make any kind of t-shirt.







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

7 comments:

  1. I love this series already! I REALLY want an overlocker but I'm fighting for space as it is :P I love seeing other people sew, in a way its even better than tutorials with written steps because you can really see what you have to do. I can't wait for more episodes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I'm always a bit scared of using stretch fabric, but this makes we want to give it a go. With the ruffling at the bottom, you could try putting a small piece of elastic inside the hem? I did that on a crop top I had to stop the bottom getting stretched from sitting down and it worked pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, that's an awesome tip! Do you mean that you made a casing for the elastic, then threaded it through? Thank you so much :)

      Delete
    2. Yep, I threaded it through the folded up part of the hem :)

      Delete
  3. Your T-shirt looks amazing! And you made every part of making it clearly in the vedio. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Annika, and thanks again for a wonderful tutorial. I made a shirt (and a matching skirt, from vintage fabric) using your instructions, although I made it entirely with an overlocker, and only used my sewing machine to hide and stitch in the hanging threads from overlocking... I made a sort of a "casing" hem with the overlocker and a similar for the sleeves and neck as well. But I couldn't have done the shirt without your help, so thanks for the tutorial!

    Here's how mine turned out:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/450008187743592115/

    (By the way, are there going to be more episodes to this series? Because I really like it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails